Tuesday, December 3, 2013

MAC VIVA GLAM V lipstick and gloss review

This year for Christmas MAC is releasing a pouch containing the Viva Glam I lipstick and and lipgloss. As lovely as the original Viva Glam combo is, it's not the most wearable shade for work. For those of you not familiar with the Viva Glam range, all of the profits are going to Aids found that help people that are living with aids.

I have been a fan of the VIVA Glam V lipglass a nice neutral brownish pink since it came out. But I haven't tried yet the lipstick. After the Inglot "fiasco" I decided to cheer myself up and to pick up the lipstick that has been on my wishlist for a while and their face & body foundation (to be reviewed once it's been properly tested).

The lipgloss



The lipgloss is described by MAC as a neutral pink, but there is a lot of brown in there. It's a nice color that goes pretty much with everything and it's not too light so it doesn't wash out ladies with fair skin. As you can see this shade as been getting a lot of love. It's also a great shade to make your lips appear a bit bigger. It doesn't contain any glitter.

The lipstick



The lipstick is also described as a neutral pink, but for this one the description is actually accurate. I comes in the luster range and it has a small gold glitter. This shade as been described as flattering on all skin tones. I find that shade easier to pull off than the lipgloss.

This is more sheer than the lipgloss but you can build it up to medium opacity. It also feels quite moisturizing and it wears for about 3 to 4 hours. Because the lipstick is sheer and the lipgloss is pigmented I wouldn't wear both of them on the same time because it's quite pointless. I would just keep the lipstick for day and wear the lipgloss for evening.

With now six Viva glam shades, without counting the limited editions, I'm sure you can find a shade that fits you. And it's for a good cause.



7 comments:

  1. I like both the lipstick and lipgloss! The lipstick is really soft and I like that it isn't as glossy as the lipgloss. Will be checking out the Viva Glam shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they both look nice on you judith :) too bad the lipstick is sheer because i feel like its a shade that i will like. i have some discoloration on my lips so i tend to go for lipstick with opaque coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. You can always go to a MAC counter and pick up a similar shade in a satin, mac or amplified finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have some nice shades in the range, the I is burgundy, the two a plummy mauve, one of them is a terracotta... I'm sure you'll find one you like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Judith, I love how both look on you! I know this is many people's MLBB shade, and it is for sure yours! I need something that pops a little more to make my face more interesting though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. Bright lipstick do look nice on you. I love the combination of a nice bright color with dark hair it looks very striking. But since I work only with men I like to play it low profile at work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both look so pretty on you! You have gorgeous lips, so full :-)

    ReplyDelete