Saturday, March 1, 2014

MAC sculpting powder pro palette review in sculpt


I've been a bad blogger those past couple of months and didn't update anything. I just had a lot on my plate and I couldn't find the time and I didn't want to botch my posts. I really wanted to catch up on my reading of the blogs I follow before updating my own blog.

One of the reasons why I didn't update much is because I was busy loosing weight. I lost so far around 20 pounds (9 kilos). I decided to celebrate my newly "less round" face by facing my fear of contouring and buying a powder dedicated to the purpose.

MAC has many powder dedicated to contouring, all of them exclusive to the mac pro stores or online. I'm lucky enough to live close to the only pro store in Belgium which is situated in Antwerp (the staff is also super friendly and spoke to me very slowly in Dutch, it's much appreciated). The sculpting powders are only available in refill and come in 5 different shades for different skin tones. I chose the shade sculpt which is a light cool tone brown with a slight grey undertone. MAC also make pro highlights refill and have a taupe blush available only in refill from their pro line of blush. The Taupe blush is apparently very similar to the very popular limited edition emote. I was interested by this one but the nice man working at mac told me it would be a bit too dark and gray for my fair skin tone.
sorry for the background I was so excited about the product , that I didn't see anything else!

The powder is completely matte and is lightly pigmented, but buildable which makes it really easy to use. The staying power is good on me, but I don't typically  have any problem with staying power. This is also the go to contouring powder of Christine from Temptalia.

Overall I absolutely love this powder. I purchased it for only 18,35 euros and it's very versatile. I use it for my brows, as a transition color on my crease and of course to fake some cheekbones!


I'm wearing the powder on my crease (mixed with a dupe from mac copperplate that I will review this week), on my jawline and underneath my cheekbone. I paired it with dandelion from benefit on my cheeks which is a soft pink. 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Natasha. I love blurple shade as you know (not on his own though too 90's for me)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first wow goes to your weight-loss. job well done! I know you've been busy with it :) and second wow goes to how amazing this powder looks on you. I also love the eyemake-up btw. you wear blue well :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words. I feel you about the weight loss such deliciousness out there! I tried Houla and I ended up giving it away. The quality is great but the shade was too yellow for my skin, it made me look dirty. It's seam to be a good option for light to medium warmer skin tones though. Glad it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your weight lost judith and welcome back to blogging!! :) i actually missed hearing from you and reading your posts. i too want to loose weight, i gained a lot of weight since November and its actually making me feel depressed so im eating healthier now and trying to exercise more... which is VERY hard lol. anyway i thought this was an eye shadow hehe didnt know mac had a sculpting powder i usually just use benefit hoola bronzer for contour. its a really nice contour powder :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I eat low in carb and make sure I eat enough fat to make sure I'm not constantly hungry. I like this powder, like I said I saw it on women with medium skin with warmer undertones and it also looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the weight loss! 9 kilos, that is a LOT! Well done. Do you mind me asking how you did it? As for this sculpting powder, it really looks nice. Understated and subtle yet enough to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the infamous chanel notorious, I wish I could try it out. I like the sculpt powder actually and it's a nice color for light to medium skin regardless of the skin undertones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Judith, wow, 9 kilos! I can definitely see the difference! I have Chanel Notorious, but most of the time I just reach for a bronzer (not the super dark kind. Just something a bit darker than my skin tone). This one looks like a very versatile shade though! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete