Friday, April 4, 2014

My bobbi brown look with pot rouge in pale pink

I know it's not that pale!

But it can be applied  very softly.

I never paid much attention to Bobbi Brown. I always been more of a lip and eyes girl and  Bobbi brown is all about the skin.

For  those of you not familiar with her philosophy here it is in a nutshell:
  •  Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize some more!
  • All skin are yellow toned, buy yellow tone foundation
  • Use a corrector to conceal and then layer a brightening concealer (both before foundation)
  • Fix your foundation with a skin color powder (avoid those white silica one) and add a bronzer lightly all over the face and down the neck
  • Use three eyeshadows light, medium, dark and some eyeliner (either the dark eyeshadow or a gel for more drama). Go softer under the eye
  • Add a pop of color either with lips or a bright blush right on the apple and blend towards the hairline and downwards
  • She's a big fan of "power brows" and recommends using an eyeshadow to fill the brows
  • Only use very black mascara and use 2-3 coats on the top lashes and 1-2 on the bottom lashes.
  • Use a lip color close to your natural pink color. She loves pinky-browns. 
Alright, so with all of that in mind here's the look I came up with by following her rules:

And now onto the blush...

The pot rouge have been around for for a while. They are meant to be use for the lips or cheeks, but like most products of the sort it's better for the cheeks. They recently changed the glass jar/screw cap packaging for a flip black plastic case with a mirror and reduced the quantity by three fold without reducing the price! I paid 27 euros for 3.3g of product (actually I paid 2 euros I had a birthday gift certificate from work). 

The color pale pink is actually a medium cool pink. On my dry skin this lasts all day. The texture is quite thick and is best applied with a synthetic brush. The blush can be applied before powder or after (I'm wearing it after on top of powder and bronzer). The blush doesn't feel sticky at all. It's quite similar to the stila color convertible products, but apparently this is less greasy. I think this would actually be suitable for most skin types.

Overall I really like this blush despite the price. I really like cream blushes in general on my dry skin. The only thing that restrains me from running buying other pot rouge is the fact that cream blushes needs to be tossed after two years unlike powder that do not go bad. 

Cheek close-up

8 comments:

  1. en effet il n'est pas pale lol, mais il donne vraiment un coup de frais à tes pommettes, c'est un très bon choix
    http://lespaillettesdadeline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it and it looks fab! You should go for it. I'm not that much into corals and I almost got it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a bit expensive, but it's not super luxury like Sisley or clé de peau!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they called it this way because it's the pot rouge version of their powder blish in pale pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried the Pot Rouge yet! I'm thinking I should get Hibiscus, which is a limited edition coral shade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I absolutely love it! What a beautiful color and it looks amazing on you.. a bit expensive, but lovely for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this very shade, and I love it but I agree - it's anything but pale! I don't know why on earth they called it Pale Pink?! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete