Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mac classics: lipstick in creme cup

When it comes to mac, I always had a tendency to stick to their eyeshadows and lipglosses. I know that about 90% of beauty bloggers seem to prefer lipsticks over lipglosses, but I personally prefer the glosses. However, when I want to go for a smokey eye, I prefer something a little more low profile on my lips.


Creme cup is part of the cremesheen finish from mac, which is essentially a satin finish.  The shade is a milky nude pink that will look more pink or more beige depending on you lips. It has the classic vanilla sent from mac, but the sent isn't overwhelming.  On me, it looks like a pale soft pink. It is quite similar in shade to the infamous Angel, the favorite shade of Kim Kardashian

The bump on my lips is a scar, I had 9 stitches in my bottom lip if anybody is wondering

The staying powder of this lipstick is quite average, I would say about 3 hours, which is common with pale shades. I does end up having the white ring inside your lips. It's definitely a shade you need to touch up every few hours. I don't think the formula is at fault for this, it's just the nature of pale shades. 
Allergie season can you tell?

Overall, I'm really please with this lipstick, the shade is very pretty and it feels great on the lips. It's the type of shade that will remind you that you need a teeth bleaching because of the mauve undertone. Like with other lipsticks from mac, I find the texture perfect, it's not too creamy that it has a tendency too fly all over your lips; and not too dry that it looks very dry when you wear it on. I love wearing this with a translucent beige gloss on top.

16 comments:

  1. OMG Judith,
    this shade looks amazing on you!!!
    I really love it
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage Diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really soft on you even if the color is pale. I like it a lot! A pity that is doesn't stay on longer than 3 hours, but alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhm... seriously, what bump? Just looks like a beautiful big plump pout to me. As for the color, I really like it on you. The finish looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice color <3
    kisses
    http://www.milanotime.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Judith, aww so sorry to hear about the allergies! Also just so you know, I can't really spot the bump on your lip! I'm sure most people don't!


    This is most probably not a color for me (no doubt it'll wash me out), but it's a great pinky nude on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this color too. It does look a lot like Angel lipstick from MAC. I haven't worn this shade in a long time. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my all time favourite lipstick shade from any brand! It's such a beautiful easy to wear shade xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I know, but most pale shades don't last that long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're sweet. I love satin finishes they look mostly matte without looking chalky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some people do spot it, but it's rare!


    I think on it's own it can washout, but with a full face and smoky eyes it is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. I hesitated between this and Angel, but this one is less glossy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you like it, it such a perfect soft shade, not too pink, not too beige!

    ReplyDelete
  13. :D love this shade my all time favorite <3

    http://anuradhamohan92.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is probably one of the most talked about shades on YouTube/blog world. I think it's time for me to pick one up!! It looks fab on you!!

    ReplyDelete