Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My favorite warm shades for the summer for eyes, lips and cheeks.

I'm back after a small hiatus, I decided to stop coffee and the withdrawals symptoms were not pretty! Now that I'm back to my normal self, I will catch up on my reading. I'm looking forward to reading your latest posts. 

Those of you who have been reading me for a while, will have noticed that I'm really into pinks and cool toned shades in general. Once in a blue moon I do like to get out of my comfort zone; and the three following products are my favorites in their respective category. 


Inglot pearl eyeshadow 407 is one of my favorite shade. If you are a fan of duochromes, this is definitely a nice one and it's very pigmented buttery and smooth. The staying power is also incredible. The pearl finish from Inglot is definitely my favorite one. The shade is a peach with a golden reflection, it looks more gold or more peach depending on the lighting.

I already talked about the Lancôme Blush subtil in Miel glacé. It's a shade that has been discontinued in the European market, but not in North America. Lancôme is not a brand I usually go for, except for mascara. I always associated the brand with ladies in their fifties. I'm happy to say that I was wrong. Their line of blushes is really nice, smooth and easy to blend. They are also easy to build up. This particular shade is a brownish apricot with a satin finish. I like that it's not too bright and it does a great job at hiding my redness on my cheeks and giving me a warm glow.


Left inglot 407, right Lancôme miel glacé

I think that in my collection of 30+ lip products, less than 5 are truly warm toned. This Lipglass from mac in Lychee Luxe is one of them. It's a very nice coral shade with a subtil shimmer. Depending on your lips it will look more orange or more pink. Like the rest of the lipglasses the finish is sticky and it lasts a solid 4 hours. 

wearing Lychee .Luxe

As you can see by the look above, all those shades go very well with each other. I'm wearing some bronzer in my eye crease and a bright purple eyeliner in the lower lash line.

What are your favorites shades for the summer?

14 comments:

  1. can't believe Summer just right around the corner. Thanks for sharing!

    xx,

    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable review! Love this shade
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks I usually wear warm tones for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Judith, what a pretty summer-appropriate look! It's a great season to wear warm shades indeed! So sorry to hear about the withdrawal symptoms. The day I decide to quit coffee, it won't be pretty either. Although I really only take one in the morning, without that one my day can't start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is, it certainly feels like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah me too, it compensates for my lack of tan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!


    It's incredible how something trivial like coffee can be so addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think these warm shades look absolutely amazing on you! What a gorgeous and soft look you created :D the blush really finishes the look for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so want to try some Inglot makeup! Their products all look so gorgeous, and pigmented! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Natasja, I really love that blush I'm so afraid to run out of it, it's silly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They have great products, eyeshadow in the pearl and mat finish, great gel liners, brushes and lip products! Their blush and foundation aren't worth it IMO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lipglass from mac in Lychee Luxe looks absolutely gorgeous on you..

    www.wiseshe.com
    www.fashionlivemedia.com

    ReplyDelete