Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Revlon color stay for normal to dry skin

Revlon colorstay is probably the most famous drugstore foundation in North America. It's a liquid foundation that comes in a wide range of color and two finishes, one for normal to oily skin and one for normal to dry skin. The former offers a bit more coverage.

I own the normal to dry skin version in the color 150 buff which is an ivory color. 
What I like about this foundation is that it gives a medium coverage and that the color I chose is great for covering redness. It has a satin finish.

Here's my face prior to application of the foundation
And now with the foundation
As you can see it does highlight a bit the redness around my eyes, but it covers  redness quite well.

Pros
  • Extensive color range
  • good staying power
  • Provides a solid medium coverage
  • Natural satin finish
Cons
  • Can be a bit drying
  • The coverage is not buildable, it becomes cakey when you layer it
  • No pump
I think this is a very good foundation for the price, and it's quite hard to fin a drugstore foundation with neutral or yellow undertone in the fair shades. I wouldn't say this is my HG  foundation for my skin type, but this foundation is a great value. I think it's better for less dry skin tones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment